NOTICE OF MODIFICATION TO THE DEFINITIVE PATHS PLAN
Bridleway No 48, Bowden Corner to Whitefield Hill
A Consultation Notice has been published by Devon County Council regarding this redesignated bridleway, and these papers are attached as follows:
If you wish to comment, the contact is: Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development & Waste, County Hall, Exeter EX2 4QD
39th ANNUAL EAST DOWN PRODUCE SHOW Sunday 13th August 2017
It’s time for the Annual East Down Produce Show. Click here for the poster and here for the detailed schedule!
SUPERFAST BROADBAND IS HERE FOR SOME OF US!!
All addresses served by the Combe Martin and Shirwell exchanges are live and accepting orders. Many of us are still too far from the exchange to get superfast broadband, but there are plans to bring superfast broadband to the last 5% of the country (that’s no doubt many of us). You can go to the Connecting Devon and Somerset website where there is an interactive map - click here
Do you want superfast broadband? Contact Airband on 01905 676121
For the scheduled roadworks and closures interactive map click here
Regular events in East Down click here
East Down Village Notes click here
Following local fundraising, we have received a defibrillator which is expected to be installed shortly at the Village Hall. Defibrillator News click here
- Hospital plans - register for your say click here
- Notice from Devon and Cornwall Police: Criminals are targeting people (including our friends and families) within our communities by telephone. Such scams are becoming increasingly prevalent in the Devon and Cornwall area. Although mostly the elderly or vulnerable, anyone can be subjected to this crime type so BE AWARE!. If this happens to you please dial 101 and report it.
- North Devon Residents encouraged to continue recycling - for press release click here
- Onshore Wind: Communities to have a greater say - for press release click here
- Changes to Council Tax support. For more information click here
- New Money Advice Service launched in North Devon. For more information click here
- The Heat Project - find help for energy saving home upgrades. Click for website
- The Devon and Cornwall Police have become aware that a company has been cold calling local people and carrying out a survey, claiming to be working in collaboration with the police, where personal details are being requested from those being called. We are informed that this company sell home security alarm systems. A police spokesman said: "Devon and Cornwall Police would like to clarify that we have not commissioned any organisation to carry out this type of survey and nor would we conduct surveys asking such personal information. We work closely with our colleagues at local authorities across Devon and Cornwall on crime prevention and community safety matters and while we would encourage home owners to ensure they have adequate home security, we would never endorse any one particular company selling such products or services."We would encourage anyone who has concerns around the trading practices of businesses to contact their local trading standards department." Crime prevention advice is available online at the Devon and Cornwall police website and if anyone has a specific crime reduction query they can call 101 and ask for the crime reduction department.